ADD AND PREVIEW MULTIPLE THEMES
Use the theme scheduler to schedule, manage, and preview multiple themes within a campaign; no need to change data, adtags, or campaign settings. The following tutorial will lead you through this fast, simple process.
To make changes to your themes, you must be on the Creative page. No other page will allow it. Believe us, we’ve tried.
Add A Second Theme to Your Campaign
You’ve set up an advertiser and a campaign; now you want to change the look of the ads, but with the same products and ad display logic.
To start, navigate to the Creative page. You should see a preview of your existing campaign.
Under Selected Themes Click Add theme.
Follow the same steps you did to Set up A Campaign.
Once the new theme has finished saving, click on the theme you just created in the Selected Themes panel to preview.
As always, click Save in the top right hand corner of your screen. Then click on Ad Tags to view your campaign preview link, Pixel, and publisher-specific AdTag.
Brands like their logos. Click on Image Assets at the bottom left of the page, then Choose, to upload an advertiser’s logo.
Preview multiple themes for a client
You’re on a call with a client, and they’re not sure what sort of look they want. Use the one-click preview link to show them a variety of designs while they’re still on the call.
Follow the steps above to create multiple themes in your campaign.
In the Creative page, click Save All unless it is already grayed out.
Navigate to the AdTags page.
Copy the link to the Shareable Preview Page and send it to your client.
When you click Preview, you will see the same display as your client.
Make sure the campaign is turned on, and the dates of the themes are all active currently. If you make updates to the themes, the updates will be reflected in that preview link, no need to regenerate a new one.
To change the date, navigate to the Creative page, and click on the theme’s Start or End date in the Selected Theme area. Select the new desired date, and click SAVE.
To preview the campaign, click on the theme’s thumbnail in the Selected Theme area.
To change the theme completely, delete the selected theme with the gray X icon in the Selected Theme area, and add a new one with the Add Theme + icon at the bottom of the Selected Theme area.
- “My theme displays popular products, can I add a new theme that displays sale products?”– If there’s any difference in product listing or data, you’re better off creating a brand new campaign. The theme scheduler can’t change anything more than the theme itself.
- “What if there’s a gap between dates?” – We’ll fill it! If your goal is to stop your campaign altogether, contact your DSP provider. If your goal is to stop serving Creative, navigate to your Campaigns page and turn it off from there.
- “Oops! My theme dates overlap” – No worries, we’ll pick one and run it: Which one? That’s a surprise, so make sure they don’t overlap.
- “Will my ads still run if I turn the campaign off?” – Not from our end. But contact your DSP provider to make sure you’re both on the same page. Remember, we focus 100% on Creative!
- “I’ve added new themes, but my AdTag hasn’t changed!” – Precisely as it should be. That’s just a bit of our software magic at work. Adacado-cadabra!
- “When does my theme actually end?” – At the end of the day (23:59:59 in the advertiser’s time-zone, to be precise), on the specified end date of the theme.